Our mission is to partner with underrepresented communities to build healthy, sustainable, and equitable neighborhoods through education & counseling, housing development, empowerment, and advocacy. Let’s break that down.
Our team of professional housing counselors are ready to work with you, one-on-one. NeighborWorks® Sacramento is approved by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to provide these services and our counselors
Request a FREE Counseling Session
When you make a one-on-one pre-purchase appointment with one of our HUD-Certified housing counselors, you will be receiving a comprehensive overview of your readiness to purchase a home:
• Your two-hour session may provide you with a full review of your tri-merge credit report, monthly budget, analysis of the affordability of a mortgage payment versus your rental payment, savings requirements, down-payment options, financing options, and more.
• Your counselor will help you create an actionable plan, providing you with a roadmap to accomplish your homeownership goals.
• Follow-up counseling sessions will continue the process. Each follow-up will tackle the next steps – from assembling your homebuying team – to making your offer and knowing what to expect throughout the entire escrow process.
Our housing counselors understand that you may find it challenging, to access safe and sustainable housing. We have the skills to help you, if you are:
• Facing eviction
• Require emergency rental assistance
• Need guidance in navigating Covid-19-related legislative
• Transitioning from homelessness
• Needing to speak with a professional about the benefits and costs of renting versus owning a home
Our post-purchase counseling support, is available to assist with education and resources in varies ways on many topics:
• Property maintenance • Property taxes • Homeowner’s insurance • Homeowner associations (HOA) and special assessments • Refinancing considerations • Selling your home readiness • Disaster preparedness
We are here to help guide you through the journey of being a homeowner.
Have you fallen behind on your mortgage payments or are you struggling with the likelihood of missing a payment in the months to come? You are not alone. Our HUD-Certified Housing Counselors are here to assist with FORECLOSURE PREVENTION services.
We are here to help you navigate through options, that can help you sort through the various alternatives that may protect your home and equity.
We provide education and support:
• Understanding the requirements of forbearance
• Loss mitigation
• Short-sale option or the deed-in-lieu
• Effective hardship letter
• Requirements of emergency budgeting
• Mitigation resources and protections that are available
We are here to help you through this stressful period.